To participate in this commencement ceremony your student must do the following:
- Notify the school site by May 10, 2019 that your student will be participating in the commencement ceremony on Wednesday, May 29, 2019.
- Order your students cap/gown through Jostens, 1612 20th Street, between the hours of 3:00–6:00 PM, Tuesday–Thursday, or call 324-6652 to make an appointment. All Continuation Sites wear a blue cap and gown. Only approved cap & gowns will be allowed at the ceremony. Graduates are not allowed to alter their cap and/or gown. Altered or additional items added to cap or gown will not be allowed during the ceremony.
- All graduation requirements must be completed by May 24, 2019.
- Pay all money owed by Friday, May 17, 2019, in order to participate in the commencement ceremony or receive his/her diploma. A copy of money owed is attached and must be cleared at the school site in which the money is owed.
- Must attend mandatory practice, Wednesday, May 29, 2019, at 12:45 pm, Harvey Auditorium at Bakersfield High School. Your graduate must attend practice and must remain until after the commencement ceremony. Commencement will begin promptly at 3:00 pm. The doors of the auditorium will close at 2:55 pm for the processional of graduates. After processional, seating will be allowed in the balcony only.
- No balloons or air horns allowed inside Harvey Auditorium.